This is a general hint!
Uranoscopus sulphureus has a harmful toxin.
As a rule, animals with a harmful poison do not pose any danger in normal Aquarieaner everyday life. Read the following husbandry information and comments from aquarists who already keep Uranoscopus sulphureus in their aquarium to get a better picture about the possible danger. However, please be careful when using Uranoscopus sulphureus. Every human reacts differently to poisons.
If you suspect that you have come into contact with the poison, please contact your doctor or the poison emergency call.
The phone number of the poison emergency call can be found here:
Overview Worldwide: eapcct.org
Uranoscopus sulphureus Valenciennes, 1832
Inhabits reef flats and coastal bottoms but is rarely seen because it lies buried in sand or mud most of the time, with only the eyes showing. When buried, the cirri on the edge of the mouth serve to keep out the sand during respiration.
The oral lure is used to attract the prey within striking range of the mouth. The shoulder has a venomous cleithral spine; wounds can be serious.