Translation in process
We're updating the page. There might be some translation errors. Sorry about that ;-)
- Mullus surmuletus
- Surmullet, Striped Red Mullet
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Chordata (Phylum) > Actinopterygii (Class) > Perciformes (Order) > Mullidae (Family) > Mullus (Genus) > surmuletus (Species)
- Initial determination:
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Israel, the Mediterranean Sea, Senegal, West Sahara, European Coasts, Madeira, Russland, Straße von Gibralta, the Canary Islands, the North Sea, Scandinavia, West Africa, the Isle of Man, Morocco, the Black Sea, Tunesien, the British Isles, the Cape Verde Archipelago, Portugal, Spain, Algieria, Azory
- Sea depth:
- 5 - 409 Meter
- 25 cm - 40 cm
- 7°C - 16,1°C
- kraby, małe ryby, małze, mięsko małży, piaskówki, skorupiaki, ślimaki
- Not suitable for home aquaria!
- Not available as offspring
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Least concern (LC)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- More related species
in this lexicon:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2012-07-29 19:12:46
- 2020-07-29 18:41:25
Occurs on broken and rough grounds but also found over sand and soft bottoms at depths less than 100 m.
Feeds on benthic organisms such as shrimps and amphipods, polychaetes, mollusks, and benthic fishes
Eastern Atlantic: Western Norway, English Channel (rare in North Sea) to Dakar, Senegal and the Canary Islands, including the Mediterranean and the Black Sea.
Mullus barbatus surmuletus Linnaeus, 1758
Mullus fuscatus Rafinesque, 1810
Classification: Biota > Animalia (Kingdom) > Chordata (Phylum) > Vertebrata (Subphylum) > Gnathostomata (Superclass) > Pisces (Superclass) > Actinopterygii (Class) > Perciformes (Order) > Mullidae (Family) > Mullus (Genus) > Mullus surmuletus (Species)
Husbandry know-how of owners
0 husbandary tips from our users available
Co to jest?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.